Oriole’s facility is located where the south part of the I-695 Baltimore Beltway meets I-95. In addition to being very convenient to the Baltimore-Washington metro area, there are many dog-friendly hotels within 5-20 minutes of the facility and we are only 15 minutes from the Baltimore-Washington International Airport. The facility is fully heated, air-conditioned, and is wheelchair accessible.
Because of parking restrictions, Oriole’s building can be rented on weekends and holidays only. Approximately 180 parking spaces plus level ground for a limited number of daytime RV parking spaces is available as there are no other open businesses in the complex on those days.
Our sports field is suitable for dog related activities such as multi-ring obedience trials, single ring dog agility trials, multi-ring flyball tournaments, and both classroom-based and working skills seminars. We are not accepting conformation show rentals at this time. Rental rates vary based on the activity. All rentals include such items as ring steward chairs, tables, and ring gating. Depending on the event type, some equipment is included as well: (1) jumps for obedience trials and partitions which can be used for out of sight stays and/or to provide visual separation of the obedience rings if desired, and (2) jumps and backstops for flyball tournaments. Agility equipment rental (which includes timers) is available as well for an additional reasonable fee.
Free WiFi is available throughout the facility.
Indoor crating space is limited, however crating directly out of the car is reasonable, safe and convenient for many exhibitors. There is sufficient grassy area at one side of the parking lot for dog relief. For human relief, there are 4 unisex bathrooms and one unisex handicapped bathroom.
Here is the basic floor plan of the entire facility as it is used for trials and tournaments.
The sports field does have 3 support posts. These are padded for competitor and dog safety. We can supply you with precisely dimensioned layouts that will allow agility and rally judges to account for these accurately in their designs. There are several entrances into the arena containing the sports field (a double door, a single door and 33′ opening) that can be closed or opened as necessary for good human and canine traffic flow appropriate to the trial type.
Here are some suggested sample setups of the sports field for the various types of competitions (click to view in larger size). Site approvals for agility events have already been submitted and received for those organizations requiring site approval (AKC, CPE, and NADAC).
Here are some photos of different configurations of the sports field:
Renters agree to enforce the following Oriole policies:
(1) As is normal practice for dog facilities with a sports field, there is a $5 cleanup fee for any accidents that occur on the turf.
(2) If exhibitors choose to crate indoors, waterproof covering must be placed underneath the crates.
(3) Only non-crumbly dog treats may be used on the sports field.
(4) Food, gum, and drinks which would leave a stain or residue may not be consumed on the sports field.
(5) Dogs are to be relieved in the designated outdoor areas only.
If your club or business is interested in renting our facility, please contact Michele Long (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and rates. If you just want to check to see if the date you are interested in is available, click on the Calendar icon. Notations used on this calendar are as follows:
- Reserved – deposit has been received and contract signed.
- On Hold Until <date> – A group has requested a rental for that date. They have until the specified <date> to send in a contract and deposit or the weekend is released.
- Retained Until <date> – This is a date that the renting group is assigned as a corresponding date (if they indicated a corresponding date on their contract). If a deposit is not received 9 months before the specified <date> it is again open to other groups.
Resources for Trial Chairmen and Judges:
Trial Chairmen for All Event Types: Need some help figuring out what the corresponding dates are for renting our facility in future years? Check out this link.
AKC Trial Chairmen: If you are planning to hold an AKC event at our facility, be aware that AKC does require you to file an Emergency and Disaster Plan for the event. We have prepared a sample plan and its appendix with information specific to our facility to provide a starting point for this information.