– Local Area Mailing Lists –
Consider joining the following mailing lists to get the latest dog sports announcements for this area:
Midatlantic Dog Events – moderated group that lists announcements for all types of dog sports
AgilityNewsMid-Atlantic – A news and announcement group for agility-related information for the Mid-Atlantic region
NOVA-Agility – A list for dog agility enthusiasts in the Northern Virginia area. Information includes clubs and classes, events, rides needed, etc
NJ-Agility – Agility Show ‘N’ Go’s/Matches, Seminars, Training, Trials, and other FUN in the NJ and NY/PA/CT area.
– Facebook and Other Information Pages –
Mid-Atlantic Dog Sports Seminars and Events
– Obedience and Rally Organizations –
– Dog Agility Organizations –
United States Dog Agility Association (USDAA)
North American Dog Agility Council (NADAC)
Canine Performance Events (CPE)
– Flyball Organizations –
North American Flyball Association (NAFA)
– Scent Work Organizations –
K9 Nose Work®
National Association of Canine Scent Work (NACSW)
Barn Hunt Association (BHA)
– Canine Good Citizenship –
AKC Canine Good Citizen
AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program
– Run-Throughs –
Some of the local clubs and training centers offering practice matches of various types are:
Breakaway Action Dogs, Frederick, MD
(obedience, rally, agility, nosework)
Canine Training Association, Beltsville, MD
Capital Dog Training Club, Silver Spring, MD
Oriole Dog Training Club, Halethorpe, MD
(obedience, agility, nosework)
Agility – https://orioledogclub.org/agility-run-through-information-page/
Obedience – https://orioledogclub.org/obedience-run-through-information-page/
– Nearby Places to Practice With Obedience and Agility Equipment –
Oriole members are able to use the training facilities outside of organized classes subject to restrictions explained in the Club Policy Manual. Here are some additional local options that you might be interested in pursuing in order to get in an occasional practice session in a different environment:
Branchwater Training Center, Reisterstown, MD www.branchwaterbc.com
Branchwater offers private ring rentals, both indoors (50′ x 90′ artificial turf surface) and outdoors (fenced 110′ x 90′ grass ring) fully equipped for agility practice. For information about ring rental please contact Doreen Suchting at email@example.com
Hog Dog Productions, Millersville, MD www.hogdogproductions.com
Hog Dog is a large dog-friendly facility in Millersville, MD. The building is a large coverall (bubble) with a sawdust/sand mixture for footing suitable for agility and disc dog practice. For more information on ring rental please contact Lee Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get Rev’d Agility, Elkton, MD www.getrevd.com
Indoor fully equipped facility with heat available and an artificial turf/carpet flooring offering superior traction and absorbency for both agility and obedience. For more information on ring rental, see their ring rental page.
– Previous Event Results –
Looking for results from past trials? Try these links.
- AKC’s Oriole Dog Training Club Information Page. Click on the “Past Events” tab and start searching !
- Results from previous trials can also be found in the archives at Clantyre Show Secretary Event Services or in the unofficial AKC show results mirrored at Dog Show Scores.
- Results and courses from past USDAA trials are often available on the Artful Dodgers USDAA Trial/Group Blog.
– Event Planning Tools (for Clubs) –
- AKC’s Corresponding Date Calendar. Most dog shows follow this calendar as far as the week number.
- NACSW Trial Planning. This is an informal online spreadsheet used by East Coast clubs to coordinate NACSW trials
– Event Planning Tools (for People) –
You can search for a trial using links to any of the major dog sporting organizations listed above. If you’re looking for agility trials in particular across multiple venues, try the search tool www.nextq.info.