Mary Ellen Barry Agility Handling Seminars
Oriole Dog Training Club – March 16 & 17, 2019
Mary Ellen Barry has been involved in agility for 22 yrs. and has been successful at both the national and international level. She has competed in IFCS and WAO World Championships and won multiple gold metals. Mary Ellen has been a contributor for over 13 yrs. to the Clean Run Magazine and is the author of “The Long Jump” and “Foundation Fundamentals” Her training facility is Kinetic Dog in Barto PA, and she has taught seminars and camps throughout the U.S. and Canada. Mary Ellen has been a One Mind Dog coach since 2015.
Saturday, March 16th – Coursework and Advanced Handling Techniques (full day seminar) -10 working participants
This seminar includes challenging coursework using a full size competition ring. Participants should be competently doing all equipment and be able to handle technical sequences. This is best for those at the Advanced/Open, Excellent or Masters level of competition.
Sunday, March 17th – There will be two ½ day seminars that are appropriate for a wide level of dog and handler teams since only jumps and tunnels will be used
- Techniques in Sequencing – Morning seminar (8 working participants) – short sequences focusing on teaching and seeing commitment and trusting your dog so that you can move ahead to help cue him to what is coming next on the course. This seminar can be for young dogs learning to put things together, as well as for any dog that can sequence equipment.
- “Got It” Seminar – Afternoon seminar (8 working participants) – learn how, when and where to look at your dog vs. looking at the line. You will learn how to use your connection and be timely to keep your dog committed. This seminar is suitable for any dog that can sequence at least 4 obstacles successfully.
Time: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM (one hour lunch break)
Cost: Oriole members –$125 Non-member – $145
Food: Lunch is on your own. There are a number of food establishments in the immediate area, some of which deliver.
Morning Seminar: 9:00AM – 12:30 PM
Afternoon Seminar: 1:30PM – 5:00 PM
Oriole members –$75 for one seminar, Discount Package for both Sunday Seminars – $140
Non-member – $85 for one seminar, Discount Package for both Sunday Seminars – $160
Email questions to Sheila Mehring at email@example.com.
Oriole Dog Training Club
9 Azar Ct
Halethorpe MD 21227
All Oriole Dog Training Club policies will be in effect, including the following:
- There is a $5 cleanup fee for any accidents that occur on the turf.
- Only non-crumbly, non-staining dog treats may be used on the sports field.
- Dogs are to be relieved in designated outdoor areas only.
Please see our website for more information on policies and directions at www.orioledogclub.org.
No Speed Limit and Oriole Dog Training Club is holding a 2 day seminar with Aaron Robbins of Rocket Relay.
Seminar topics to include:
Puppy Training– picking your puppy, raising your puppy in the flyball pet home, starting your training
Problem Solving – box problems, exchanges/passing issues, striding, jumps, ball obsession, tug motivation
Other Topics – team line ups, tournament warm ups, practices
Limits – 15 Working Spots – $240.00
Auditing Spots (unlimited) – $125.00 for the weekend or $75.00 for a single day
Seminar/Workshop Location – Oriole Dog Training Club, 9 Azar Ct, Halethorpe, MD 21227
Registration – will open March 9, 2019 to non-Oriole members. We will be doing the registration through our Club Express system and credit cards may be used. Registration links will be posted at that time.
Private Lessons – Aaron is willing to stay over on Monday July 29, 2019 offering private lessons. He has asked me to see if there is any interest in this opportunity? If you would be interested in this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Future Seminars and Workshops:Want to see a particular seminar presenter brought in to Oriole? Contact our seminar coordinator Sheila Mehring (ODTCSeminars@aol.com) with your suggestions !