Beat the heat and have fun in the AC at our USDAA Intro Trial!
Getting ready to start a new agility dog? Curious about USDAA? Artful Dodgers will be hosting a USDAA Intro Trial the night of Thursday, August 15th at Oriole Dog Training Club. Intro Standard, Intro Snooker, and Intro Jumpers will be offered.
Day of Show entries will be accepted between 6:00pm and 6:30pm for an additional $2 per run.
Check in for the first class offered is from 6:00pm to 6:30pm. Please see your final confirmation for check-in times for later classes.
Click here for more information and the premium list for the USDAA Intro Trial:
USDAA Agility Trial Information Page
It is important to note that dogs cannot be registered with the USDAA on the day of the Intro trial. Allow at least a week before the trial to register and receive your registration number. Click on the link below to create a free USDAA competitor account and register your dog:
Why compete in the USDAA Intro Program?
1. The USDAA Intro Program is designed to help new competitors and beginning dogs get started in dog agility in a low-stress environment. There are people there to help beginners and you can train in the ring.
2. Dogs 14 months of age or older who have not earned titles in the USDAA Championship, Performance or Veterans Programs are eligible to earn titles in the USDAA Intro Program.
3. In a USDAA Intro trial, you can compete in FEO (For Exhibition Only). FEO allows you to train in the ring and there’s no pressure to complete a course with accuracy.
4. USDAA Intro trials are a good place to learn how trials operate. Where do you check in? How do you fill out an entry form?
5. You can learn the USDAA classes like Snooker, Standard and Jumpers! The judge will spend time answering all your questions.
6. You can use toys in the ring! If you choose to use a toy during your run, you are electing to run FEO and cannot qualify, but the training opportunity is invaluable.
To learn more about USDAA agility, including an opportunity to learn to play Snooker, sign up for the “Getting to Know USDAA Workshop” on the evening of August 1. The workshop will not include contacts or weaves.
Register: Getting to Know USDAA WORKING SLOT
Register: Getting to Know USDAA AUDIT ONLY